1.26.2009

You either love it or you hate it....


A friend told me a while ago that i should put my home pics on "rate my space". If you don't know about it, it's part of hgtv.com.



Well, I did and the response has been overwhelming! People can rate my rooms, one by one, and give suggestions, or just say they "love" it, or sometimes even "hate" it.



I haven't posted pictures of my kitchen yet, because of my entire house, it's the only room that doesn't flow.



Cherry cabinets, black quartz counters, black appliances. To some of you, you would scream for joy to have that, but for me.......it doesn't flow with my "cottage" palate. The cabinet in the pic above sits in my kitchen amidst the black and cherry. She's like a poor soul of white swimming alone!







This is the room that has gotten the most "what the heck were you thinking" comments! Now, of course, i love my bedroom. To me, it walked right out of Anthro and parked in my master. BUT, some people don't get the creative aspect, and chew it to pieces and then spit it out. I mean really, who would put vintage sheet music on their walls? ME, that's who! Read about it HERE.





And here is my bathroom. It not only is the master bathroom, it's shared by Lola as well. The walls are hand painted stripes of Red and purple, with a gold stripe going down the middle. I call it French twist, read about it HERE.





















As you can see, some people love what i've done and some not so much.






21 comments:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Well, I love it!

Laura said...

Just for the record - I ADORE the sheet music on the walls. ;)

Free Art Printables said...

I love it! I put a couple of room on RMS and got SLAMMED.. oh well... narrow minded traditionalists! :) I am having a giveaway if you want to come by!

Melaine Thompson said...

Hi there! I am the "mysweetsavannah" that commented on your bedroom sheet music. I am shocked at how rude people can be. I love your style and you rock!

Brandie said...

I am laughing out loud here about how alike we are. I completely papered a wall in my old house with vintage papers! I soo plan to do it again when we move. I LOVE Rate My Space. It is addicting! I will be over there shortly to "rate" your rooms;)

the wild raspberry said...

As long as you like it...who cares what any one else thinks, right?
now, c'mon, show us your kitchen.

Maisy said...

Since I'm the one who told you to put it on Rate My Space you know how how much I adore your house....even your kitchen. You are right that it doesn't flow but it's part of your "home" and to me that's what makes it special.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!

Backyard Candle Co. said...

I think from all your pics that your house looks so cute! I love the way you decorate. It makes me want to come over and hang out! Just keep on being you... thats why we all love reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

all that matters is that you love it, right? Your house is gorgeous...I love your style! :)

Now show the kitchen, cause I love the little cabinet and the cupcakes sign and the cake stands, I have a thing for cake stands....sigh~

Jen Kershner said...

Well, girl I love your house. You inspire me as we are dreaming of an old farm house after the oldest goes off to college in 2 1/2 years. I'd love to hear more about your home and how you came to find it.

littlebyrd said...

I loooove your house! I don't have the guts to put mine up there so bravo to you. I think it is wonderful that you do what you want - that is what makes it yours and what makes it perfect.

Alyssa said...

Your home is beautiful - I think the vintage sheet music is fun and elegant:)

Leah C said...

I really love the looks of your house...inside & out! I never would have thought to use red & purple stripes; but, it really looks great in your bathroom:) you rock!

Wendy said...

Rate my Space is tricky. Personally, I love your rooms. I love all the pictures I have seen of your house! I noticed your comments on my RMS pages. I'm glad you stopped by! My rooms have done pretty well, but as you can see, they are fairly traditional and safe. I like them, of course, but one of these days when my kiddos are all grown up, I'm going to have a white on white scheme with lots of fun little quirky touches. ;-)

Simply Me Art said...

Oh Kasey, Your House looks Beautiful. How Fun.

Vana said...

sigh* i should have come to that open house of yours a couple of months back. Your home is so lovely, Kasey!

goddessof4 said...

I love your style!!!! I think most of the rooms on rate your space are plain so your house was too artsy for the Average person.You are very artistic!!!! sara

Anonymous said...

i give them all a+++. love them all. where's my donkey food? she is skin and bones.

seriously, you don't have to send me anything. your thought and words of encouragement is a tremedous gift and more than enough!!

La Table De Nana said...

We have a yellow home too.
I love yellow homes:)

Rue said...

On my bloggy break I've been back reading your blog... Your home is gorgeous.

RMS is where I started and that's why you will only find one of my rooms on there. The viewers are 60% nasty and I only stay so that old friends can still find me.

The rooms that are high rated are all slick and have to be "uncluttered". Don't think Country Living there, think Pottery Barn or Architectural Digest LOL

You and I and a whole lot of other bloggers share a love of old things and for the most part they don't, so we won't ever fit in. Who wants to anyway right? ;)

rue