2.14.2009

If I could only help.....

Most of us in bloggy land have heard of little Cora, and if you have not, you can read all about her HERE.
This is a little girl who in 4 weeks time went from having some ear infections to cancer, to her little life ending here on earth. Heartbreaking. BUT, her story will live on, and for those that want to help, donations are being set up so that a playground will be built in her honor. If you would like to donate directly, go HERE. Now, this is where I come in. I can't do much, but what I can do is offer these lovely small ceramic bird dishes {the yellow ones are in shop}, but I decided to put the lovely blue ones here on my blog and offer them to you with ALL proceeds going directly to the Build a Playground for Cora. I only have a handful of them, and once their gone, their gone, but by buying one, you know that you've done something so sweet, and loving to help Cora's family .
Just email me kasey@lolabboutique.com if you'd like one. They are $9.95 plus $6.50 for shipping. I will send you a paypal invoice and I will ship it right out.
*update* you girls are wonderful!!!!! all sold, and I thank you!!!
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

So heartbreaking...but it is so nice that you're doing this and I'm glad she will have something to honor her that can bring joy to other children! Count me in!

Brandie said...

It just breaks my heart reading stories like this. It seems like it is happening alot right now. Makes me want to hold my kids a bit tighter today.

Kris said...

Thanks so much for posting this. I had just read about Cora this past week.
You did way more than you realize with that wonderful donation.

Kris

Kari said...

I am so sorry I missed this! {I am at home in bed really really sick so no visiting family today} But I am touched that you have done something so generous to help another family in their time of grief. How very sweet of you!

Leah C said...

Maybe I missed out on owning one of those pretty blue birdies...but I can still make a donation in sweet Cora's honor. Thanks so much for the link:)

VINTAGE HOME lifestyle said...

You are so sweet...we all need to show that kind of LOVE every day of the year. That little dear is such an angel...the tears are fogging my eyes.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Wendy said...

Kasey - Those dishes are lovely. Cora's story broke my heart. Thank you for reaching out to help.

Structure said...

K,
Oh my goodness what a tragic thing...it make all our woe's and difficulies seem soooo minor. What a darling darling baby she was...now resting safe in the arms of her heavanly father...we will pray for strength for those much grieving parents.
blessings to you for all your efforts too.
xoxo,
Darcy

Lulu and Co. said...

having been praying for her family! Your bird dishes are a wonderful tribute to such a beautiful baby, so sorry I missed them,
hugs,
LuLu

Brenna LaPray said...

I was unaware of Cora's story until now. My heart is just breaking for her sweet family. Thank you for the link to her donation. I'm going to go and hug and kiss my babies right now.

Simplicity Cottage said...

Kasey you are a sweetheart to do this for Cora. When I read her story my heart was breaking and the tears were flowing. Each time I look at my sweet little blue bird dish, I will think of Cora's sweet face...and say a prayer for her family.

XOXO ~ Donna

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Thank you so much for doing this!

My items sold out right away too. I'm hoping to get more to list by Monday.

I know Cora's family is so touched by this outpouring of love and support!

traci said...

oops, day late and a dollar short. they are adorable and such a wonderful way to help out. you're so sweet.

Anonymous said...

OH Kasey, what a wonderful thing you have done. I read this story a while back and have been following it daily..when I read about her passing I just felt sick to my stomach...sick! It just hits home way to much and I can't even imagine what they are going through! Thanks for helping!

XOXO

Brooke Ahana Bailey said...

Thanks for visiting at my blog (currently at a stand-still). What a lovely blog you have created and what a caring and heartfelt post here. I've added you to my fav's and will visit frequently.

littlebyrd said...

What a kind thing you have done here Kasey. I only wish I had seen it sooner than today. Good job girl!