8.02.2009

barn boys....

Hello girls....and occasional boy readers....


Let me just start off by saying hello..


...how are you?


I'm good......


and it's August.....whew.{good bye July}......


I don't know if i told you...but this last week.....after i got home from California, my little girl headed to her grandmothers home in New Mexico with her.........


so i had the boys all week......


they had their dental appt's.......and luckily no cavities.......


{i don't know if i ever told you that cavities cost the kids money....ALL of their money..........bryan and i do TOTAL liquidation on the piggy banks for cavities....}


cavities=bankruptcy


no cavities = dollar bills


Bryan and i look forward to dental visits for the kids because it means a night out for us if the kids have cavities......i mean really........the kids actually pay for our date night ..........

{or i tell bryan that the kids had no cavities and pocket the money......

never mind.....

i don't do that.....

i promise.

pinky swear}


but that's just how we look at it......


anyways.....


where was i?


oh yeah.....


i had the boys all to myself this last week......and on the way home from the dentist, we stopped


so i could take some pic's......
















I flew out Friday evening and headed to the wonderful state of New Mexico. .....


No....i did not grow up there.....but my parents retired to a little town right outside of Taos... after i graduated high school.


Did i ever mention that my father was an undercover narcotics officer with L.A.P.D while i was growing up?


no...i didn't think so.


Now he's a judge.......


and i'm constantly asking him for favors...........


because parking tickets are my husbands BEST FRIEND....


but.......


it seems like the JUDGE can't do much about that.......


o.k., seems like i got off track again.......


sorry.......


so i flew down Friday night......spent 2 nights......


mingled with the family in Albuquerque........


took a tram up a LARGE mountain.....had lunch....


took a tram back down a LARGE mountain.....

{did not vomit due to fear of heights}......


had a fabulous facial {i'm telling you this off the record.....don't tell Bryan}...


peeked at my sister in law's belly { she's only 16 weeks}....


talked about baby names......


got on the subject of how my family got together and had a "family meeting" to VETO the name LOLA.....


i then asked for another glass of wine.....


and gave my LOLA a hug........









...and brought her home ........







...I'm sure.......


actually.......I'm positive......


her brothers are thrilled to have her home......


i know i am.


xo




41 comments:

Lizzie said...

sounds like a fabulous time :) great pictures too.

{oc cottage} said...

What a fun trip!

m ^..^

Unknown said...

You always take the MOST amazing pictures. The cavaties part had me laughing and thinking...maybe i should start a fund like that. My kiddos have ZERO cavaties though!!! Here's to hoping for a date night :) Happy to see you got Lola back home. Love the pic of your two.

Victoria Hayden said...

Welcome back! I am glad the weather was good while you were here! Love the pictures of the barn and it looks like Lola is happy to be back with you as well! Love the picture of you two...beautiful!

Hugs to you friend,
~Victoria~

Simply Me Art said...

Your not the only parent who charges for the cavities.. After thousands in dental bills the last two summers that is what I told my spawn this Summer. Do you know how much a filling costs with insurance? Not pretty! That Lola is so Damn Cute, her hair is Growing too, Love her smile. You girls look like you had a great weekend in NM, I love NM!!Jamie

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

What cute pictures - such cute kiddos.

Vana said...

that last picture of you two is adorable.

Unknown said...

Small world..my brother lives there! He is the one who has the beach house in Florida too. My Grandparents lived in Albq. while I was growing up. I learned to snow ski there too. further south I learned to water ski...good times there good times..

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I love how you get off the subject because those 'side-stories' are really funny! :)

Chablis said...

My gosh, you are always traveling. I'm so jealous. And why in the world are there no cool places to take pictures like that in AK?

I LOVE the name Lola...not that you need any support after all these years. My family veto'd Henry when we had him and now they all love the name. It grows on em' when the kid is so dang cute.

Unknown said...

Aww, I'm in ABQ....glad you had a great time. I know I'm starting to love it after 3 years!

Teresa said...

I think I would like to trade some days with you. :) I am envious of all your travels. Lucky you! :) ***sigh maybe someday....

Hugs,
Teresa
xo
www.teresaksheeley.typepad.com

mrs boo radley said...

Love the cavity rule!

Nice scenery.

And glad you didn't vomit. I did, exactly four years ago today, in the desert southwest, shortly after my husband (then friend) smooched me for the first time. I was so madly in love with him that I puked my brains out right there in the sweltering heat!

mimi charmante said...

I'm with Mel - I love your side stories!
So happy your girl is home again. You certainly do travel a lot. Jet-setter. Just sayin'...
xo

Backyard Candle Co. said...

So glad everyone is home safe and sound!

Laurel said...

Pinky Swear. Ha so funny.
Glad your Lola is back home and that you got a facial! So nice.
Keep up the sidetracks I personally love them! They make me laugh out loud each and every time I read one.

paperbird said...

Beautiful photographs of your babies and I LOVE the name Lola!

Free Art Printables said...

The last pic is super cute!

Chez Zizi said...

First of all I LOVE the pictures of the boys. Second you are one busy lady, what a nice whirlwind trip.
Zizette

paige said...

that cutie pie!
glad ya'll are having such a great summer
xo

FEDERICA said...

Super lovely pics!

Unknown said...

Love that barn...the boys look right at home in front of it. Adorable pics - all of them!!!

:) T

Leah C said...

Love the pics! Hope Lola had a grand time in NM:)

Brenna LaPray said...

Love all the pics! I can't believe how big all your kiddos are. I need to come visit before Mason graduates high school!!!

Susan said...

I love your writing, I love your photography.
It sounds like you had a fun time..and welcome back!

blue moss said...

Love the photos...I have one girl and two boys and I totally miss her when she is away...but it is fun when the house turns into boy-land and we only do boy things :)

Tara said...

Glad you had a good time with your boys and lola is home safe!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Love all the pics! The one of the two of you is really great...with the mountains behind you. I bet she missed the boys too.

goddessof4 said...

Such a sweet post!!! Enjoy your time w/Lola before she becomes a teen and doesn't want to spend time w/ mom(15,16,17) My daughter is 18 and is just starting to come around again!!!!! LOL !!! Your boys are so sweet!!!! Love the photos!!!!! Sara

Anonymous said...

very fun! Another fun building you found for photos... you lucky girl!

a.love said...

you really do ave the cutest kids...and i'm stealing your cavity/bankruptcy idea! brilliant!

It' an Evolution said...

Sounds and looks like everyone had a good time! The kids just look adorable in every shot.
Janet

Amy said...

Great barn photo's.
welcome home Lola!

NicNacManiac said...

Good Times!! Fun pics and lots of adventures... Happy Summer!!

Unknown said...

Where else are you headed to this summer miss jet-setter? coming to minnesota by any chance? great pics - my kids go the the dentist next week...love the idea of taking their dough, although we have never had a cavity so that would not work so well but perhaps a good threat when they complain about brushing at bedtime!
Cheers, Jill

LuLu said...

I love where you take the pictures of your children, the locations are always amazing! and of course the children themselves make them spectacular! yea for Lola's return! :)
xoxo

Kacey said...

Fun adventures...great pictures (as always). So cool that your dad was a narcotics officer!

Sandi (Meme) said...

What a great post, and great idea for the kids and their cavities. I'll share that one with my kids! They may want to use it with the g-kids! Have a wonderful week.

Unknown said...

how sweet, i can't imagine how my boys would miss their sister too! funny about the cavities...might have to try that one :)

Joanna Jenkins said...

I love this post :-)
Thank you!

Alicia said...

She's a total Lola!!! Fun, cute & full of life. Glad you overrode them & had a fun weekend!!!