8.07.2009

behind the scenes....

I decided to ask...




"the man who only had one task" {tmwohot}.......




to pop in and give us a behind the scenes....or in other words a 'tour de france'.




obviously i don't life in France....but we can pretend right?!




never mind.....we don't have to pretend......




sounded so romantic for a minute......and it sounded so much better than saying a tour of le life....




here in the Midwest....




so....meet mr. buick who from here forth....... we shall call ....{tmwohot}





First thing first. I just want to clarify why I was late to pick Fin up from school and what my {wonderful} wife so fully forgot to mention: We had lunch before she caught her flight out on Friday.




Actually she demanded we have lunch, so therefore I was late.




and as for the laundry and dishes....she loves housework...don't let her fool you...she pretty much begged me to leave it for her.....

begged I tell you.




seriously.





I will let you know right now...I don't really love her photographing me.{even though she is wonderful at capturing images}..as you can see from above....I just wanted to hang with a friend wrapped up on my own version of the snuggli.






Please don't let Kasey fool you. She might come across as an expert on wine tasting.....really...we did plenty of it while in California....but she drinks the cheap stuff at home.



I think she even paid the wine guy extra to let us into the private vault just so she could get some pictures and say she was "invited" into taste the "exclusive french" stuff.



Has she ever mentioned that she does not cook? Probably not.



Did you know her real name is Kassandra? I didn't think so



Do you know that ....never mind... she's standing right behind me.



Kasey can make a "mean" box of macaroni and cheese! That is the truth.








Kasey complains about moving but the funny thing is.....anytime we go on vacation....she always says "I want to live here".



Well....we came here to Chicago for a visit a long time ago.....and she said "i could SO live here"......so we move here and she complains.

what's a little humidity?



That house above......she would "drop everything" she said and move to the wine country....to live in that house.



She even said she would wash her own clothes and possibly home school.



Maybe even fold the laundry every now and then.
{and I'm admitting it right now...it was me that accidentally washer her "dry clean only" skirt ..that now fits Lola perfectly}
I should get a husband of the year award.


I asked her if she would give up Starbucks.....and she didn't answer.



I don't know.



What do you think?









And even though I love my wife.....I will not be camping in an "Airstream". I don't know if it's just me, but I am just not into the whole vintage thing. sorry.
And don't get me started on the whole "everything has to be white" deal going on in our house....



Plasma t.v. or not.
And she can just camp with Matthew.
Let me see how that all works out.



***And I told her she could go to France in the Spring.


1. {alright...i added that last part.........maybe if he thinks he said it.....then he will have to say.....go ahead kasey.....go have yourself a good time.}

2. yes...my real name is Kassandra

3. WHATEVER....i never said i WANTED to move to Chicago

4. I also NEVER said i would fold my own clothes

5. He is SO getting his own snuggli for Christmas.


xo
{oh....one teeny tiny favor dear girls....after you so kindly comment...could you please go HERE and vote for my dear friends Tara {blondiensc} and/or Sara {sadieolive} so that their blogs get an award.....
somehow my blog didn't make the list......but then i realized....i don't live in california anymore.......
so....should i tell my hubby that we should indeed move there???? }














46 comments:

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Hmmm, that look on your husband's face, compared to yours, Kasey. Well let's just say, it says a lot :) p.s. your husband must love your sense of humour though, no?

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Kasey.....Did he REALLY write this himself????

If he did... HE ROCKS!

It was SO funny! I vote that he start his own blog! :)

Way to go!! Think I could get Doug to commandeer my blog and do a post??? A man -- now that I think about it.... he better not... I'd be SO busted on SO many things in front of you guys!! HAHAHA!

But I'm good with having YOU busted! ;)

Thanks Kasey! Er.. I mean tmwhot.. or -- whoever... It was great!

Ruth

Claudia said...

Kasey, what a great post from your husband! I love his sense of humor. I also love your blog - thanks for stopping by mine!

LuLu said...

Too cute! Seriously, too cute!!! I love the whole hubby verse wife brain thing. You two are a perfect match!!
xo

paige said...

dang ~if that's not the funniest thing ever
& you go girl and buy that boy a snuggli
rumor has it , it drastically improves ones sex life!
well, only if you live on the cali coast....

blue moss said...

fun post! i don't cook either :)

Glamarella Junk said...

That was so fuuny!!!!
Why can't these guys "Get It"
About the "Vintage & The White"!
hahhaha.......
Love your Blog!

Anonymous said...

cute! my husband complains about the white also, He tells me there's nothing wrong with a little color.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Kasey, you guys are too funny!!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Your honey is good. He did an excellent job talking smack about you;) I loved it.

Great pics and I'm with you. I'd drop everything and move to that house. I'd even...gulp, homeschool. Well at least I'd think about it really hard.

Have a great weekend. I'm off to vote. PS - how do you get your pics to look like that? I love the effect.

Tara said...

Heh heh...so the illicit Brian finally decided to be a part of your fabulous blog! NICE...I kinda like him...straight to the point, no bs there! Isn't wine tasting so much fun??? minus the headache the next morning! thanks for the mention...Te hee..!xo

Jeanne Oliver said...

It should make Bryan feel good that "tmwohot" has the word hot in it:-)

Rue said...

You two are so cute. Oh and no, do NOT move back to Cali or we'll never meet ;) Wait... did I just convince you to move?? LOL

xoxo,
rue

Backyard Candle Co. said...

You guys are too cute! Have a great weekend drinking your cheap wine Kassandra! :)

Julie said...

Too cute!

Kacey said...

You two are so cute! Gotta love the different perspectives.

Unknown said...

Cute...interesting how Bryan is just as funny as you are. Fabulous picture of you in the winery!!

:) T

Leah C said...

So fun to hear from Mr. B!

Chablis said...

This is great! I'll sign a petition for you to be able to go to France!

p.s. come and see what I did with your lovely flower nobs! :)

Laura said...

Love this post! Too funny! Thanks for the best laugh I've had all week! Have a good weekend!

Martha said...

Just love today's post...no surprise there though:) Whomever said it above that Mr. B is just as funny as you is right! Love his view on things and that he did a post for you!
Love that picture of you in the winery and both of you in front of "your" house...you both are so good at capturing great pictures!

Brandie said...

Loved this post! It's always interesting to hear the other side of things.

I think my hubby said I could go to France in the spring too. I may need to go remind him;)

Sue said...

too too funny... They always have an excuse, don't they? So... if you don't do all the household stuff, who does? And do you REALLY like that snugli thing? LOL

Victoria Hayden said...

Kasey, you two are a match made in Heaven! I love it!! I could hear my husband telling it all like yours did. Too funny! Oh...I don't like to fold laundry either...mine, or the kids, or his...he is a great laundry washer, dryer, folder...o.k..the kids and I put them away. How lucky are we to have men that like to do laundry! ;)

Hugs,
~Victoria~

Brenna LaPray said...

I'm glad to see Bryan involved in blogging. You two are a perfect match. It looks like I'm going to have to try that mac and cheese of yours!!!!

Unknown said...

how fun! i love the banter :)

Simply Colette said...

That was truly hilarious! I love it...

p.s. i also want to move everywhere :) minus the actual moving part

caren said...

Thanks for visiting me! Isn't Sara amazing? I love your blog - I will be back often.

The Flying Bee said...

Hey Kasey!

Thanks for stopping by! I have to say I have been reading your blog for a while now and I love it! It is always my reality check! :)

It means a lot to me that you took the time to check me out AND leave me comment. Thanks so much!

BTW, this is definitely one of your funniest post ever, a close second to the fire dept coming over!!

Take care,
Adriene

Laura said...

that man should be slapped for even JOKING about giving up Starbucks.

But other than THAT...I think I just fell in love with him...

Faded Plains said...

What a cute post...it seems you both have a great sense of humor...perfect match.

Unknown said...

I love funny people and you two are just great....this was hilarious.....your husband is funny, you two are clearly a great match :)

Love your blog :)

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

This is GREAT!!! :)

It' an Evolution said...

Your not moving any where! We like to have someone as creative as you part of the "fox valley".

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hi Kasey,
I just went and bought the Blogging for Bliss book. I love it. She did such a great job and so many of my favorites are represented. Congratulations!!

debra@dustjacket said...

Now that was hilarious, I was innocently coming by to say thanks for dropping by "The Attic" and got sucked into your blog!

I'm off to read some more.....

cya
xxxx

Marie said...

Hello Kasey - what a fun post this was! Lots of giggles. Love the home-made snuggli. And great photo of you relaxing in the Airstream. I think your full name is pretty! Yes, it's okay for you to move to CA. There's some beautiful areas down here in San Diego too! *wink*

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Nettie's Blog said...

That is so funny...i know my man reads my blog but as for doing a post himself on there ...mmmm might show him how!!!!
as for the macoroni and cooking statement ...well ...i am sure that is not true about you never cooking ...is it?????...and what is wrong with making it from the box now and then???? i dont like it hear in Australia but there are other things that i make from the packet.... you hang in there girl!!!!

vicki archer said...

LOL - this is such a great fun post Kasey, xv.

Its So Very Cheri said...

He needs to blog. He could be Mr. Lola B's-hee hee

Sorry-I've been out of commission -- terribly sick for over a week-- but do you want to know how I cut my grocery bill in half? go to Cut your grocery bills now plus I have a give a way and a new Mr Linky party starting tomorrow but Mr Linky will be up by 8 p.m. tonight

Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Lizzie said...

that was such a cute post! i love how he's letting you go to FRANCE! awww, what a sweet hubby :) hee hee

PS~Erin said...

Hilarious, really. Great stuff! Thanks for posting it for us to read!

Hudson Goods said...

really funny, great writing here. thanks for stopping by!

littlebyrd said...

You guys are pretty darn cute. Did I hear Paris in the spring? Thought so :)

Kristin said...

How precious are you two! He is every bit as funny (dry witted/sarcastic/hilarious) as you are. Love this post Kasey.

Sarah said...

This is so cute! You two must have so much fun together! You both have an excellent sense of humor! I love how you let him "out" you on your blog! Such a fun post!