4.01.2009

come on in....

First things first when i get up in the morning...... put on some cute shoes. ..{hubby thinks i have a shoe problem}..





stop at the drive-thru Starbucks only to say "hello" to Marcy, oh and maybe see if they have a grande skinny vanilla latte available..... {hubby also thinks i have to stop saying "hello" to Marcy"...



then I head home and flip thru some "wholesale" catalogs and dream up things to order for the shop/my home......... while the kids........




separate all my vintage buttons. This is a great "project" for them to do if you feel like you need a breather! Hey kids.....could you pull out ALL of my white buttons and put them in this jar?.......





then we head to the aquarium............it's a pretty cool place! There are seals, and starfish......







and all kinds of turtles that have been rescued.........







if you are lucky, then you might even see some crabs and lobsters......







the best part of my day is sending the children out to the front yard for a lemonade stand .....except we don't sell it......










we give it away for "free". The reason we don't sell our lemonade is because the kids make it and if the kids make it then ya never know what it's going to taste like. One day, when we didn't have anything to make, we had to pull out some frozen "mojito" mix { alcohol free}. Now that was a treat, and since that day, we decided to not "sell" , but to "give" away.


Funny part is...kids end up making more in "tips" then if they sold the stuff.


OH! and it helps to have them paint their own faces!!! That really gets the customers to stop by...


xoxo









37 comments:

Judy said...

Darling!!!

FEDERICA said...

Oh I love the shoes! They're so cute!

Emily said...

I love their little "aquarium". So creative!

paige said...

how cute that your shoes match his( is it mason's ) face!
what a good spring break mommy :)

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Such cute kids! Tell them we enjoyed our tour of the aquarium. And I love the shoes, very nice. Glad you are having such a fun week!
~Michelle

Wendy said...

Looks like you and the kids had a ball...my kids love to have lemonade stands...I might have to talk them into the painting their faces next time. ;-)

Backyard Candle Co. said...

What a fun day! How cute is the aquarium! I love that wholesale catalog too! I ordered the number votive cups to pour candles in. Have a great day!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

What a fun day - especially magazine shopping!

Jen Kershner said...

So cute! You've got me all geared up for our spring break to start on Friday.

B said...

Hi, I'm a new 'follower' I joined last night and couldn't wait to see what was happening with you today! I have to say "snap" we have the same addiction and taste in shoes and "snap" again; mines always a skinny vanilla latte. Your kids are just adorable, we haven't tried the lemonade stand thing at our house; maybe that can be a project for the weekend? :o)

Vana said...

you are such a delight! I love how you start your mornings.

Brandie said...

Too funny!

I love those number pots by the way. Hope to see them in your shop soon;)

pink cupcake vintage said...

so adorable! thanks for stopping by my blog!

Leah C said...

No such thing as a "shoe problem" & a girl needs her Starbucks...maybe you should stop listening to hubby;) The kiddos look adorable!

Pretty Little World said...

Your day sounds perfectly wonderful! My day also starts with a trip to Starbucks (same drink as you!), but sadly, I don't get to visit even the tiniest of little.magical aquariums.

What a great post - thanks for sharing!

littlebyrd said...

First thing: love the shoes! Second: Your kids are just adorable - the painted faces and lemonade stand are hilarious and cute! Good times.

Paddywack Designs said...

I'm going to have to remember that button seperating project, when my son gets older... right now he'd just eat them.

blue moss said...

thanks for letting us have a fun visit....
I have those shoes too!!! don't you love them?
(my hubby thinks i have a shoe problem too :)

Maisy said...

cute...cute...cute...especially those kids and shoes can i borrow them..and i mean both kids and shoes!!
xxxxx

Tara said...

Now I know how you spend the day, wow...busy bees you are! Adorable shoes and love the aquarium..and of course the kids, how can I foget them, adorable! :)

lauren said...

fantastic shoes! totally something to "have a problem" with! and well, if shoes are your addiction, then you're doing just fine!

Sa-Sea said...

looks like my idea of a perfect day!!! those shoes are AMAZING and your kids are oh so sweet!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I would so tip your kids! They are adorable. So are the shoes~details please.

please sir said...

So cute! Those shoes are very nice to start the day with!

Kacey said...

Very cute - painted faces and a lemonade stand! Cute shoes, too.

Lulu and Co. said...

You guys are having too much fun! love it!!
LuLu

Jackie said...

Very fun! Love the painted faces! We do lots of lemonade stands around here too. I want a drive-thru Starbucks!(or maybe that would be bad...)

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

I'm going to make a trip out to see your aquarium...so many new species y'all have! Love those 'creatures' selling lemonade...!!! such sweet faces! Fun mommy.

Brenna LaPray said...

So cute. What a great mom you are Kasey.

Kari said...

LOVE the shoes, the trips to "see" Marcy, and really all of it. Very creative with your kids. I will have to get out some stuff to play aquarium. Neva will love it. Did I mention she got a new pet fish, Dorothy? She likes to pet it. Ugh.

Rebecca said...

Much too cute!!

Sara said...

Cute day! but I think I may have to come steal your shoes! they are amazing!

Angela Harris said...

So freakin cute! Genious really. you must be going out for Mom of the year!

Rue said...

"mojito" mix ?? HAHAHAHAHA..... you crack me up!

traci said...

what a great day!! your kids are just too adorable all painted up. of course they make more in tips..who can resist them.

Leanne said...

Ha- I think it's funny that you took Marcy's picture! ... then we head to the aquarium... I love it! GREAT idea on the lemonade stand- the "price" and the face paint!!! Sooo creative...

shopruche.com said...

How fun! Reading your blog makes me want to have kids! I dunno if I'm ready yet though eheh.