2.21.2010

Do not read this.....

I warned you.




apparently you must be a lot like me...




with you're listening skills.








One could argue though....




that reading is different then listening....




so in that case....




i suppose it's ok.




This is a warning...




if you continue to read this...




and drool all over your keyboard...




or worse yet....




leave your children at home alone




to head out for breakfast with your girlfriends...




then i am




not




accountable




for




your




actions.




Alrighty then....




if you are still here and want to read...




then i shall tell you about my saturday.




Let's start off with what we ordered first.




no...it was not a mimosa....




even though the pear and current mimosa was calling my name.




calling my name really loudly...




but i declined.




We started off with:




grilled polenta & herbed chevre & sliced pears with a honey ginger sauce.




{i'm drooling all over now as i type away}















are you still here.....




good.




Seriously...who needs to cook breakfast when you can go out...




or is that just me....




i like to go out for breakfast.....




it's my favorite meal of the day...




that is....if i can go out.




Really...one can only eat so much oatmeal at home




before they turn into oats themselves.




After our little shared first course...




we moved on.




I ordered tri colored benedict.




{yes..i'm drooling again..}




Eggs benny ....

herbed hollandaise sauce.....

&



sun dried tomatoes...




with a balsamic drizzle.












or you could have been one of my friends..




and ordered...




a breakfast quesadilla.




Spinach...avocado...




cheese from the cheese maker that resides




in the back of the restaurant.




Sliced pears that are grown on the pear tree in the front yard.




just wanted to make sure you were still here.




buehler...




hello...






















At this point you really are going to want to stop.




I'm warning you.




STOP RIGHT HERE




Unless of course you like to look at houses...









because i had an appointment to see a charming house




that's for sale.....




a few blocks from the restaurant.




I know what you are thinking...




why is she looking at a house?




I know....




my husband thinks the same thing.




But....




he doesn't question me anymore.




We have a solid relationship....




it's a ...




don't ask....don't tell policy.




He doesn't ask anymore...




and i don't tell.




This policy doesn't work for everyone.....




it didn't work for the Army....




but it works in the Buick household.












I am going to let you just peruse thru this plaqued historic home...




built in 1860.




I am also not going to tell you that it's for sale....




or that the lovely owner let me in ..




or that i tried to lock him out of his own home...




so that i could sit on his lovely furniture...




or take a bath in his claw foot tub..




or lick his Swedish antique clock...




{did i just say ..lick the clock!?..}










































































If you made it through.....




and managed to survive ...




i commend you.




Disclaimer: I {kasey} am not held accountable from this day forward




for anyone drooling over their keyboard, leaving their children home




alone so that they can meet friends for breakfast, nor am i held




accountable for anyone entering a home that is for sale just to take photos.




Nor am i accountable for anyone taking a hostage so that one can experience




a hot bath in a claw foot tub.




Signed: kasey buick


















70 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that breakfast...
Oh that house....I will take both please...

Julie Harward said...

This place reminds me of your place...The tub looks just like mine...loved the bed! The food did make me drool..thank you! Looks like you are having lots of fun! (I'm having a GIVE A WAY..come see :D)

mimi charmante said...

you. need. that. house.
truly.
it has your name written all over it.
I adore that breakfast nook.
a.d.o.r.e.
xx

Unknown said...

wow, looks like you had an amazing saturday! that house is amazing and that food- looks crazy delish!

Diva Kreszl said...

you should know better than to begin a post with 'do not read this'...we are all spineless and weak my dear!

Cute Beams said...

I am not sure what is making me slobber on my keyboard more, the food or the house! What a fun day you had!

Jboo said...

Wow -- yummy food and a beautiful house -- for sale!! What a lucky girl you were!

Janet

Jackie said...

the house...to die for!!

brockey said...

I totally agree with Cute Beams. A girl has the right to have a day with girlfriends. most men would not appreciate it. Love the house !!!

Blondie's Journal said...

I will have the eggs, with the house on the side.

xoxo
Jane

Unknown said...

breakfast is one of my favorite meals! and that house is beyond amazing!

Low Tide High Style said...

That breakfast looked so yummy! And that house is equally as delicious! All of that white slip covered furniture and that claw foot tub, sigh! I would have taken a hostage and licked that clock too!

Kat :)

paula said...

Can I have the breakfast in that house? Now that would be lovely.

Deb said...

yummy breakfast, yummy house!

Kacey said...

Yum to both. Really.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Truly unfair .... I should learn to follow directions given in the very first sentence!

Drooling now.

The Little Red Shop said...

It takes a lickn' and keeps on tickn'....is that what they used to say?

What a sweet day you had! Now, go have some more so we can drool.

: )

Julie M.

Wendy said...

oh...made my heart skip a beat. we tried to buy an old farm house
built in 1878. put our house for sale and everything...owners pulled out of the contract to rent it instead. still sad about it! That is one beautiful farmhouse! Love the clock, too!
Wendy

Martha said...

Holy goodness to both...are you kidding me...I really should have listened to the title...but then again...that wouldn't be like me...they are both just utterly wonderful...that I refuse to go back and look at any pictures...refuse...okay maybe not...but thought I would try to convince myself:)

Nancy said...

Tri colored bene... I'm weak! That door, I'm done ;)

J.J. said...

what a drool-fest!

Oh yea...I saw that white truffle oil at the store and I am going back to get it tomorrow to make that macaroni and cheese heaven of yours! I would have gotten it today...but I had all 4 kiddos and I needed to get the other cheesy stuff that goes in it anyway.

I'll let you know how it goes!!!

Kelly Berkey said...

i will not be ok until i have that quesadilla...omg that looked amazing.
the house was ok too.

Gail said...

You're funny. You just put watching the Olympics (which I love) on the back burner. Great post...lovely breakfast...lovely house. Did you fall in love with it?

Anne said...

You won me with the Eggs Benedict...then I went completely over the edge when I saw that mile-high bed!!! Swoon!!!

Victoria Hayden said...

What a great way to spend the day! A yummy breakfast and a beautiful, breathtaking home! I am coveting that distressed turquoise farm table...I know, I shouldn't covet...but that is gorgeous! Oh, the door and little cobblestone step in the back...*sigh* love at first sight!

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Victoria

Wendy said...

So I wonder if the clock tasted as good as breakfast. ha! I also wonder where they got that fabulous duvet. I need one. ;-)

*The Beautiful Life* said...

That house is bloody amazing.... Period.

ARE you thinking of getting it??? We're asking so you have to tell!! ;)

Ruth

Unknown said...

Where to start? Could you even rank the coolness to such a day??? Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

That house is a little piece of perfection! Love it!

Samantha said...

Just stumbled across your blog after a fruitful morning of blog-surfing.. Lovely lifestyle reading and oh. my. word. the breakfast looks amazing!.
Happy to have found you!

Teresa said...

Oh Oh Oh Kasey!
What a divine day!!!!
The breakfast...I didn't even know there was such a thing as a tri-colored eggs benedict!!!
And the house...how did you make it through it???
I need like 1000 of that big fat chunky white lamp that kept haunting me in the pics!!!
Loooooove that lamp!
xxooxx
What a happy happy morning!
If you had that house...
and your daddies truck...
girl...you would be ROCKIN'!!
Well...actually you're rockin without em!!! ;o)

Julie Johnson said...

What a wonderful day...that breakfast looks divine, and what a charming home!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Wow. Yum. Both the breakfast and the house. Yum. The house is just.gorgeous. I want to live there. Really.

Brenna LaPray said...

That food looks soooo good. I'm already looking forward to breakfast! Are you sure that's not your second home? It is decorated like a Kasey home. Are you living a double life with someone else without children. That house looks way to clean to have children!! XOXO

Dreamy Whites said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I can't get enough of you and your blog! I have to tell you it kills me with suspense when you tease us before showing us the pictures!!! You are so much fun! That house is pretty sweet. Thank you for thinking of all of us, and sharing your pictures!
Take Care,
Maria
I would like to be the lucky friend you were having breakfast with!

Jerri said...

You know that the minute you say Do NOT Read This that I am going to devour every word! Your breakfast looked way yummier than mine & Ash's from Bob Evans on Saturday and seriously while we were out "flea marketing" we parked beside a horse at one of the shops!

Katie said...

That house is awe-some. nuff said. <3

mrs boo radley said...

Where's my eggs bene? Did you save one for me?

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

yes please.

yes to breakfast.

yes to that house.

yes. yes, YES!

Marianne said...

Sigh, there are no houses like that where I live. It is gorgeous. A dream

Little Emma English Home said...

Dearest, in Italy we don't have breakfasts like that one, I was almost shocked......... But what about the house??? Ohhhh mmyyyyy... I was crying for how gorgeous it is. And the clock??? I want one like that. You.just.have.it. You can!!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Yumilicious...The food the house.
Ahhhhh. I'm full.

Jules said...

Well OK the offers in on the house (I don't think I will tell my husband I'm thinking of moving to the ole US of A! We have the don't ask, don't tell working here too!!) But...breakfast is on you!
Really enjoyed the visit.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, that house has your name written all over it, did thw owner have to push you out the door?!

Your breakfast sounds FAB :)

Jen Kershner said...

Oh that house wants to own me. That was love at first sight.

Unknown said...

As delish as these dishes may be, I'm still stuck on scrumptious Paul Walker! Happy Monday!

FiftyCentLove said...

That house is amazing!! I love the furniture and the off white walls.

Lori said...

You warned me but I kept on anyway.... Eggs Benedict is my favorite breakfast ever ~ we will sometimes do breakfast for supper ~ yummy. Speaking of yummy ~ that house is gorgeous Kasey ~ thanks for sharing and making me laugh again today!!

Anita said...

Look at it this way- if your house burns down and everything is destroyed, you could make this guy an offer, everything included....Good girl you are, always being prepared. Girl Scout.

Tricia said...

OMG I just wiped my keyboard clean after looking at that house! The food looked yummy too~ but that house and that clock and that chippy green table and those slip covers...ah.
Hugs~
T

traci said...

as much as i love to eat. and i do love to eat!! i would skip every meal to live in that house. the entry alone has me hooked.

Kare said...

What an incredibly dreamy day. Dreamy.

Andrea Villarreal said...

Gorgeous home! And what a lovely breakfast. It's making my berries and yogurt look a little weak:)

Sarah said...

The breakfast sounds amazing, makes me want to start googling recipes to impress my husband on the weekend! :)
The house is gorgeous, I can see why you went inside, it is perfectly decorated and sooo cozy! I love it!!!

Faded Plains said...

I'll take 1 breakfast to go...and eat it in that house...thank you.

vicki archer said...

Totally scrumptious and totally tempting Kasey...xv

paige said...

so i guess that was the infamous perfect day , huh?
complete with all the senses!
see
you did it anyways!!!

waiting for my postman!wow--that sounds really sketchy

Leah C said...

Love eating out for breakfast...love that house:)

bethchien said...

OH how I love to "listen" to you "talk".
Gorgeous photos and yummy yummy food!

Amanda said...

Oh hello there beautiful home. I want one!

Alyssa said...

You crack me up - I love your spontaneous nature :) And...those delicious meals seem to be from Nosh (my all time favorite restaurant!!!) Isn't it the best??

Ange said...

Oh my keyboard was buggered anyway so what's a bit of drool between friends ;-) But YOU DON'T DO BREAKFAST IN FRANCE!!! Brunch is a novel idea that starts at ... 12 lunchtime!! Sigh I MISS Brekkys out. SOB - it's the tears that are going to give my keyboard its final coup de grace. SOB do you hear me??? Oh well - you shall have to have an extra breakfast for me next time !!

Anonymous said...

Is this @ Nosh in Geneva? I would recognize it anywhere! EVERYTHING @ Nosh is to die for!!! :)

Brandie said...

Oh my goodness! First the food then that house! I gasped at the pictures of that house. Perfection! When can I move in?

Melaine Thompson said...

no flippin way!!!! That home is to die for! Lucky you!

Debra said...

Oh this food has me just drooling so much fun and good food and I love houses.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

The food looked delicious but I would go without food if I could have the house. OH MY WORD. Drooling and probably broke my keyboard. Thanks girl. Are we like twins, separated at birth? You know just what to post to make me want to hang out here all day.

Mary said...

Can you tell me, is that man who owns the house gay, or does he work for Pottery Barn?

Anonymous said...

kasey the house!!!!!!!!!!!! i know
why you licked the clock!!!!! wish
we could peek in the kitchen???
the white shutters and soft light
is angelic...k.

kanishk said...

looks like you had an amazing saturday! that house is amazing and that food- looks crazy delis h!

Work from home India