3.17.2010

Private salsa lesson......

What a guy.

This is Ernesto.....

and sure enough...i showed up right on time this morning for my

private

SALSA lesson.

I've never had a private lesson before...

and when i phoned bryan to tell him...

he was shocked....

dropping the phone.
I tried to tell him that it was a salsa lesson...
but he didn't get it.

See....i told you i don't cook...

and i'm pretty much done showing you what i can cook.

I really don't think i have much else .

hmmph.

Anyhoo.....


the lovely Ernesto told me he wings it with the amounts

that are thrown together here for his

Mango salsa.




In a bowl he combines lemon juice, lime juice, honey,

and some chopped fresh cilantro.

wing it.

don't email me for amounts.

i don't know the amounts.

estimate...

i promise it'll turn out great;-)

Peel and dice up a fresh mango.







Peel and dice up a fresh papaya...

making sure to discard the seeds.




Add the diced fruit to a bowl.....

dice up a fresh red pepper....

also discarding the seeds.

{duh}

If you are like me....sometimes i need to read that

because i would probably eat the seeds.




Peel and dice up about 1 tbsp of an onion.



Throw it all together in that bowl...

dice up one green jalapeno pepper...

also making sure

you de-seed it.

unless you want to burn your mouth.






Pour the dressing over the diced fruit......

mix it lightly with a spoon

Viola!

Ernesto's mango salsa.








It's best if you refrigerate overnight before you use it...

sort of like marinating it.

Not only is it fabulous on crab cakes...

but grilled salmon or even as a dressing for salad.
....
{if you are ever in in St. Charles...make sure you stop
at his place..Diamond Seafood... for some wonderful fish taco's}

xo

oh...and i didn't have to wear green today because i have a child named Fin.

His name is Irish.

I'm not.


34 comments:

MommyLisa said...

I started making mango salsa - my own version with chives from my garden, champagne mangos, pineapple, red pepper and lime juice - for my family last summer. THEY LOVED IT!

Goes with tons of stuff!

Diva Kreszl said...

oh my mouth is watering...please tell me you saved me some!

Kacey said...

Mmmm - sounds great! Your adventures always make me laugh, Kasey.

Simply Me Art said...

How Fun, Im Jealous and I need an Ernesto to help me out! xo Jamie

Unknown said...

Fun! Looks great!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Wish I had my own Ernesto to prepare this for me! Yum!
~anita

Julie Harward said...

Now, this is my kind of salsa! I love fruit in this..so good. How fun to have a lesson...maybe you should have some more of those! So Fin doesn't get a pinch but you do?! LOL Come say hi :D

Unknown said...

WOW sounds fabulously delicious!!! It's making me crave a mojito...is that wrong?!! :)

Hugs ~

:) T

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Bravo`Bravo! I am so excited to try this Salsa, can't wait.Crab cakes it will be or Salmon Cakes Hmmm! It may just be both.

Thank You Ernesto Your the Man!

Thanks Miss Lola`B~Kim

ashlina {the decorista} said...

ok that looks awesome. how fun? wish i could have been there but great pics, i almost feel like i was.

Mary said...

Girl, you are going all PW on me! Stop tempting me with gorgeous photos of beautiful food! ;o) ~mary~

Nancy said...

Looks fantastic and Ernesto makes it look so simple. How much lime juice should I use, jk... Thanks for a great lesson!

ME said...

YUM! Ernesto makes it look easy-peasy... I'll have to try it out one of these days. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I'm drooling! Looks AMAZING!!!

Martha said...

If I could eat that through the computer screen...I definitely would...ABSOLUTELY!...unless of course that sounds weird so I will say...I cannot wait to make it...I could just it it plain and spoonfuls of it...

your pictures are just fantastic by the way of all that you are cooking:)

Ali said...

Oh yummy! My dad makes a mango-salsa that he puts over his grilled fish and this post makes me miss him! I am going to have to try this soon! Thanks!

Alicia said...

Yummy for my tummy!!! Its also a fabulous used to make seviche. You must get some shrimp from Ernesto & try. Sheer heaven & considering its throwing fresh cleaned raw shrimp into the salsa & the acids cook it...easy peasy.

Serena Thompson said...

That looks so yummy!

Mande said...

Yummy!

Moore Minutes said...

Ummm wow!! You can be SURE I am making this. Thank you for the gorgeous instruction on this! Lola, your blog has been a treasure since the day I signed up. :) It is truly a place of beauty.

Also, I have a favor to ask...
I'm trying to win a party contest and would love your help! Would you go here:

http://thecitycradle.com/party-3-spy-agent

and leave a comment at the end of the article? Your comment will give me a vote. Thanks so much! I appreciate it lots. <3

The Little Red Shop said...

It's pretty....and you just reminded me that I have a red pepper waiting for some attention. That was so nice of Ernesto to do a tutorial for you!

Happy Thursday!

: )

Julie M.

ps I didn't wear green today either...but I'm Irish. : ) What are you?

Preppy Mama said...

Yummy! Thanks for sharing that private lesson with us. I know what I will be trying this weekend!!

Jboo said...

Cool!!! That looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing! :)

Janet

Tiffany said...

Is Ernesto single, oh shoot, I'm not. Gosh!

vicki archer said...

Delish....xv

Alecia said...

Thanks for the lesson...I can't wait to try it with the crab cakes...maybe I'll do that soon and blog about it to let you know how it goes...I'm not as faithful with my blogging as you are...don't know how you do it...I don't have kids and I can't keep up! :-)

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Looks yummy! I'll have to give them a try.

a.love said...

i want some NOW!
sorry, a little Veruca Salt just came out of me.
I don't and can't slice and dice like that. BEAUTIFUL.
And again, GREAT foodie pics!!!
i misssssss you!

Victoria Hayden said...

Kasey...this looks delicious!! I love all of those ingredients...combined, I am thinking a flavor explosion in your mouth! MMmmm...I have been thinking of your crabcakes for the last several days now and will be trying that recipe soon. I too love, love fish tacos...now if you can get the recipe for that one...please share!! I too did not wear green and one of my sons who did not have a lot of green to wear either just drew shamrocks all over his hand...I guess it works?

Have a great day friend!
Hugs,
Victoria

Unknown said...

i made something like this once but it was so long ago, thanks for sharing it! have a great weekend. susan

The Flying Bee said...

just catching up your last few posts...love it all!

xo,
Adrienne

Melanie said...

Looks so pretty!

Sarah said...

Thank you for the recipe, it sounds delicious! Now to get the fixings for your crab cakes and try to impress my husband, maybe for his birthday on Monday! : )

Anonymous said...

Ernesto's slicing and dicing is a work of art unto itself!

Scribbler