3.30.2010

Oh susannah.....

I only made it thru Monday before i called the park district and signed the

kids up for a no school day field trip.

I really was going to try this week....

you know...

try to be "that" mom.

But i failed....and i failed so early on in the week that i don't know how to

turn it around and make it all better..

actually...i'll make it all better soon...

just not by tomorrow because there is another field trip to be had.

I mean really....how many times can we sing

'100 bottles of beer on the wall...100 bottle of beer...'

ooops...wrong song.

I mean....'Oh susannah...don't you cry for me'

As of right now i have about 15 minutes before i have to go and pick them up...

and while i sit here typing away ....

our hermit crab is missing.
gone.
escaped.
lost.

I should probably be looking for it...

but i'm not the one that put him in a glass bowl this morning so

he could stretch his legs.

I have a feeling my next recipe will be crab legs....

don't get to excited because it'll only be an appi.


I also tried to get into my stylist this week to get my hair cut...

and since she always books 3 weeks out..

i had to try someone new today.

I'll let you in on a secret....

never try someone new before you head out to France.

Just a small word of wisdom from this girl to you.

I am going to go all out for Thursday though...

as i am planning a backyard picnic.
I will redeem myself on Thursday....

That is...

if the crab is found.




28 comments:

Katy Noelle said...

Oh, dear....

Tricia said...

I hope a certain little someone in your house doesn't read your blog, especially the part about the crab leg appetizer. :)
You're too cute and I bet your hair is still fabulous!

Love the Decor! said...

Oh no
Hope your hair is okay
Poor little crab he had no idea the leg stretching would eventually lead to his demise! : )

Florence said...

Hope you find the crab. Yikes! Florence

mimi charmante said...

I shall be waiting for my haircut "after" photos... I would hate to not recognize you at Charles de Gaulle...
xx

Julie Harward said...

Did your crab have a painted shell...One just like that pinched be so hard I about cried! Sounds like life is busy and full anyway, have a good weekend party! Come say hi :D

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Look on the bright side. Better to lose a crab than to get crabs! :o Too much? Sorry!

Kacey said...

Oh no - is your hair ok?

Diva Kreszl said...

sweetie, you always bring a smile to my face :)

Stephenie from Decorating Addiction said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who sends my kid on a field trip. Hey, we all have our days. Be gentle with yourself . . . I bet your picnic will be awesome and they will think you are the coolest mom ever again! My husband once forgot to feed my daughter's fish for five days while she and I were away. Poor Goldy was belly up when we returned and our daughter still loves her Dad. :-) Oh, and I'm sure your hair looks fabulous.

Unknown said...

You funny girl :)

I'm sure your hair looks gorgeous! xoxo

Dandy said...

Oh no little crabitizer!

Ali said...

Oh gosh, let me know if you don't find the hermit crab, we have hundreds of them on the beach here! I am sure your hair still looks fab! Have a great day!

Preppy Mama said...

Oh boy! Hope the rest of your day went well.

LuLu said...

Our spring break is next week... i'm hoping for great weather to send to kiddos outside!! LOL
hope crabby finds his way home :)
xo,
LuLu

Debra said...

I hope that your hair cut goes well and you can only do what you can do. It's good they're doing something this week so that they won't get to bored at home. I know that picnic will be lots of fun for your kids can't wait to hear about it.

Melanie said...

Do tell about your hair! We have to know.

Frugal Home Designs said...

Your honesty is so refreshing. My kids are little, but there are many days that I would like to send them on a field trip :) I can't wait to see pictures of you backyard picnic.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh goodness... find that thang!! LOL

I'd have nightmares of it crawling onto my pillow at night. I have no idea why that is...

Good luck with that.

The Little Red Shop said...

Better go check your shoes....

: )

Julie M.

Little Emma English Home said...

I'm sure you look great as well....

xx Zaira

Carrie Ann Eddleman said...

Oh no, a new stylist. I'm sure you still look beautiful. Good luck finding the crab, same thing happened to us, he finally turned up several days later as I almost stepped on him. Take Care, Carrie

Jboo said...

Oh my -- you are way too much fun around your place!!

Have a great Wednesday and even better Thursday!

Janet

Windy Ridge said...

hehe

Oh the abuse our hermit crab has suffered at the hands of Violet.

styling fabulous said...

i so enjoy your posts...you have such a knack for making people smile through your writing...
i have given you the blog award for inspiring others...
http://fabulousfinds-elena.blogspot.com/2010/03/and-blog-award-goes-to.html

Leah C said...

Just remember...you're halfway through the week;) Hang in there! And I do hope you find Mr. Crab:)

Dreamy Whites said...

Kasey,
I just love your posts. I hope you have a great rest of the week, and a great Easter.
I also hope you find the crab. We lost our African Spur tortoise outside, and a week later he showed up. My daughter shed a lot of tears. Lucky for us he showed back up!
Take Care,
Maria

B said...

Oh no, the 'last-minute-new-stylist-thing' I'm sure it looks better than you think. Hope you find Mr Crab...B x