3.29.2010

Sprinkles are.....

We were getting ready for ice skating lessons Saturday morning when






Bryan walked in the room and asked us if we had forgotten about the egg hunt.






ummmm...






well yeah....






i think my mind is a little preoccupied.






For one thing...the other day my best friend who was supposed to help






with Fin a few of the days while I'm in France...






called me and told me that her husband surprised them






and they are headed to Florida.






They were going to leave the day i needed her most.






ahem.






But before i had time to digest the fact that i would have






to call up some other friends to help me, she came up with a plan.






She offered to take Fin with them.






That's right....






pack up my baby and take him on an airplane with them.






To Florida.






Aren't best friends the best?!






Seriously...when you're in a pinch...they pull thru.






I love her.






Now....before you go thinking that Fin is going to be a part of their family now...






it just so happens that bryans parents live






ONE MILE






from where they are vacationing.






It's fate i tell you.






Once they land...our lovely nanna will pick fin up at the airport and






have three whole days at the beach with just him.






One on one time....before they fly back up to chicago together.






See....






i was a little distracted Saturday morning.






I almost missed the egg hunt.






ahem again....






i almost let my children miss the egg hunt.






BAD MOMMY.




















Now....i must warn you.






You realize i don't get to many pictures of my 9 year old.






He's too cool for having his picture taken.






Most of the time that is.






I really think the next photo says it all....






and really...






he was smiling the entire egg hunt.






i promise.






{you can see him smiling next to the BUNNY in the first photo}





I think he must be focused...on the eggs.





That's it...





focused.








The rules out on the field are....






10 eggs per child.






What kind of crock is that i ask.....10 eggs?!?!






We followed the rules...but there were MANY that did not.






If they were allowed to possibly gather 15 eggs each...






then maybe some of the juvenile delinquents that i saw with






full baskets....






wouldn't feel the need to conquer the hunt.






Deep breath.....






calm down girl.....






it's only an egg hunt...






{full of juvenile delinquents}
















I think all of the eggs were opened and eaten within 3 minutes.






I didn't even get a chance to go thru them and pull out






the poisoned ones.






I had a feeling the caramel ones were poisoned..






but no one let me check.









Then we went home.....








and made what we like best.






Cupcakes.






Butterfly cupcakes.






We found the molds in the dollar section at Target.






You know how i love cupcakes...






well my children love them just as much.
The reason we made cupcakes is because on the way to the egg hunt...






lola saw all the eggs on the ground..






then turned to us and said:






Easter eggs are the sprinkles on Gods cupcake.







We are on spring break this week....which means i am home with kids.
all
week
long.
















33 comments:

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I love egg hunts ... but in warm weather! :)

Simply Me Art said...

Ok, I just can't stop laughing at your Sweet Boys Picture, his face is priceless. Eli does the same thing. Classic.. That Lola is such a Doll in her Yellow coat too. xo Jamie

RACHELLE said...

i actually snorted my water and chuckled (then choked) when you said "i didnt even get to pull the poison ones out!) that was awesome!

you made my night!

shell

www.gypsylemonade.blogspot.com

Florence said...

It looks like they had fun. I wanted to share with you my two daughters made the gram cracker houses for the marshmallow peeps with their children. Thanks for the idea. I will be anxiously awaiting your photos from France. Safe journey and have lots of fun. Florence

Lou said...

Lovely whimsical post...and great line at the end about God's sprinkles; amazing how kids put stuff together. Better get my Easter basket out - we have a hunt next weekend...LB

The Little Red Shop said...

God is so good...and so are your sweet pictures! Lola's coat and quote are fantastic!

: )

Julie M.

ps When we were little, my oldest brother, Bryan, really loved having his picture taken too.

Martha said...

Didn't that work out perfect for Fin and you all! Love your pictures of course...I'm a bad momma and the kids missed the egg hunt...but they did have a bowling birthday party to go to yesterday...does that make up for it?
Your photos are great of your kiddos!
I always think the caramel ones are poisoned too...it seems I'm always the one that finds that they are though:)

Katy Noelle said...

Forget rolling thunder, you've brought rolling laughter to my Monday. I think that your blog is really good for me - you know - healthy. (Even though I keep getting this incredible craving for cake.) Thanks for making my days so cheery and kept in good perspective!

Love, Katy

Stephenie from Decorating Addiction said...

I absolutely love your posts. Your writing is awesome and you inspire me to be a better mom! Thanks so much. Keep doing what you do. You are amazing! Oh and I usually HATE music on blogs, but I really like yours. I actually look forward to hearing it!

Melanie said...

The last time you posted about cupcakes, I went and bought some (no time to make them)and ate THREE:( I will not do that this time!

Love your daugthers coat. So sweet.

1 Funky Woman said...

That is the cutest saying Lola said about eggs being the sprinkles on God's cupcakes, I love that!
Lola's coat is adorable, where did you find it?

Every kid needs a little poison now and then, they'll be fine!

paige said...

total cuteness

think there's about 5 girls over here who would love that yellow peacoat!

xo

mimi charmante said...

do you think lola would let me borrow her coat for paris...?

a.love said...

i could REALLY use a cupcake right now! :)

Gail said...

Your little Lola has a very innocent and creative mind to think up something like that. How precious. And I love how your family does a lot of things together....you are creating memories to last a lifetime. :) Good Mommy!

-Gail

Preppy Mama said...

Oh I love that, and I totally agree with Lola!!

jacqueline said...

I love your thoughts. They add a smile to my day!

Alecia said...

That is about the sweetest thing I've ever heard...easter eggs are the sprinkles on God's cupcake...PRESH!!!

gina said...

I live in a very small community and I am part of an organization that puts on an egg hunt each year. We have a "bunny" and hide the eggs in a park with picnic tables that looks much like your pictures! We have gold and silver egg winners (1.00 and 50 cent prizes!)Usually the kids are wearing coats and stocking caps because the weather is still cool. My 3 children all took part when they were little- now they are teen-agers and beyond! Thanks for sharing - I enjoyed your pics.

Jen Kershner said...

Love that quote from the brilliant Lola! I'm guessing that butterfly cupcakes bought you redemption for forgetting the Easter egg hunt! I know it would have done it for me.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness- so sweet! :)

Kacey said...

So sweet! What a clever girl Lola is.

Tara said...

out of the mouths of babes...come very insightful thoughts!
LOVE Lola's yellow coat.
enjoy your break...I am still recovering from mine...
~Tara

Brenna LaPray said...

Lola is adorable! Her coat is adorable. Where did you get it? Have a great spring break!

Julie Harward said...

I love Easter....the pic's of the kids are so cute, love the yellow coat! Have a great week! :D

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

My kids are on spring break this week too. So much quality time. All.week.long. haha

I love Lola's comment. Too sweet. I got a good chuckle out of the pic of your 9 year old. I have a feeling that will be my son when he is 9.

Enjoy your week!

Sarah said...

Adorable pictures! Glad you didn't miss the egg hunt. Sounds like your trip is being spaced out perfectly no matter what has been thrown in to try to mess up the plans! What a blessing! So excited for you! :)

kay ellen said...

Love your post Kasey:)

Adorable pics of the kiddos and the hunt!

Happy Easter to you and your darlings~~~

Kay Ellen

Angela Harris said...

You are the world's funniest blogger. My kids look at me like I'm retarded laughing at the screen.
Thanks for that :)
~Angela

Leah C said...

Priceless pics! Looks like some good times:) Hope you & the kiddos are enjoying spring break...how many days 'til you go to Paris? Hugs--

Jessica Haley said...

It's nice reading about your kiddies' adventures. I can SO relate to the bad mommy feeling. I forgot to buy eggs for my kids. I dropped them off at school, and saw all the other "good" mommies had brought filled eggs. So, I called my poor hubby crying: "I'm so tired of being that forgetful parent. I have a million business things to do today, and now I need to spend 2 of my 5 kid-less hours driving around to buy and deliver eggs!!" *sigh* you're not the only mom who forgets.

Dreamy Whites said...

I have to confess I have already read these posts, but I didn't get a chance to comment, so I am back reading them again and leaving you a comment! I love to read and reread your posts. I never tire of them. You are so much fun. You are the best!!! Thank you for all that you share with all of us! You brighten my days!
Take Care,
Maria

Tiffany said...

I love what Lola said. What a sweetheart. Those butterfly molds are too cute. How did I miss those? My Avery loves butterflies and cupcakes. Oops.